The planning for this massive infrastructure project started in 2006, with the goal of connecting all existing and future institutional buildings to an open loop geothermal district energy system, upgrading deep utilities, shallow utilities, road systems, and providing additional parking to the growing UBC Okanagan campus.
- 1500m of geothermal supply and return main;
- 500m of geothermal service piping;
- Connections to three geothermal supply wells;
- Connections to two geothermal return wells;
- 14,000m of shallow utility ducting;
- 2,500m of concrete curbing;
- 600 new parking stalls.