Our Planning skills have been applied to many major residential, commercial and civic properties with scales as large as several thousand acres to smaller, intricate sites. From major resorts to schools, universities and residential communities, we have experience in all areas.
We can take projects through the approval process from general concepts to rezoning, ALR exclusions and Development Permits. We understand local policy and regulation and have made it our responsibility to keep apprised of the constant changes in local or provincial legislation. We have also become leaders in communication with the approving authorities, using computer graphics to simulate “real life”, articulating concepts and positioning sound development proposals. CTQ’s extensive experience in policy development at the local level helps us appreciate the local municipal situation in many BC communities, and consequently to facilitate the approval process.
We are proud of the fact that we service many of our growing communities in the BC Interior, and that CTQ is involved in some of the largest projects in the area including the UBCO Campus expansion, Kelowna International Airport, Kelowna City Park re-design and construction, major OCP updates, Design Guidelines and several Master Plans for new communities and resorts. Community Planning services include Sustainability Planning, Land Use Planning, and Economics.
Key Areas of Focus:
- Public Engagement and Consultation Programs
- Strategic and Sustainable Land Use Plans
- Municipal Policy and Regulations
- Downtown/Commercial Area Revitalization
- 3D Build-out Scenario Digital Graphics
- Urban Design/Landscape Design
- Parks, Trails and Open Space Plans
- Affordable Housing Strategies
- Growth Management Plans
- Climate Change Implications and Action Plans
- Watershed Management Plans
- First Nations Community and Land Use Plans
- Market Analysis
- Resort Area and Tourism Development Plans
- Economic Development Strategies
- Highest and Best Use Analysis
- Socio-Economic Studies and Municipal Transition Plans