Junior and Intermediate Planners, Urban Designers and Landscape Architects
CTQ Consultants Ltd (Kelowna, BC) is currently seeking Junior and Intermediate Planners, Urban Designers and Landscape Architects to join our busy Engineering and Planning firm in one of the fastest growing regions in Canada.
Established in the beautiful Okanagan Valley for 15 years, our consultancy serves local government, large institutions and the development industry throughout BC. Our projects range from some of the largest master planned communities to special area revitalization and policy development for small and large municipalities.
If you are a professional that enjoys working in multi-disciplinary teams and on a diversity of projects with great clients, we are keen to meet you. You will have the opportunity to work alongside senior professionals while you continue to grow your interests and skill sets.
A university degree in Urban Planning, Landscape Architecture or related discipline is essential for the successful applicant. We are looking for the right personality that is suited for consulting and that may be complemented by responsible experience in the private sector, local government or the real estate/development industry.
Junior Planner/Planning Assistant
- Experience in the BC context of municipal planning
- Provides support to Senior Planners and Designers
- Responsible for research, report and policy writing, public consultation, development applications, municipal regulations, client interaction, land use plans, urban design
- Proficiency in various computer programs that will assist in study analysis, visual aid and preparation of large reports
- Ability to work independently on a wide variety of projects to help build livable community
- Eligibility for membership in PIBC/CIP
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in local government, consulting or real estate/land development, preferably in BC
- Project management experience in policy, regulations and land planning/design or landscape architecture and urban design, including subdivision and master plans
- Strategic planning and feasibility studies
- Client interaction and business development skills
- Interest to pursue specialist roles in planning and urban design
- Seek development approvals at local level (amendments; zoning; development permits, etc)
- Work closely with engineers, transportation specialists, and designers; other specialists outside the company may include architects, biologists, geotechnical engineers, foresters, arborists, etc
- Desire to lead extensive master planning projects for mixed use, residential and commercial land use and development
- Eligibility for membership in PIBC/CIP or BC/CSLA
Landscape Architect/Urban Designer
- Minimum 5 years of experience in local government, consulting or real estate/land development, focusing on landscape architecture and urban design in public and private realms
- Works on broad cross section of projects for local government, land developers, contractors, BC Parks and large institutions including school districts, health and university
- Site design for special areas, waterfronts, commercial areas and streetscape revitalization
- Landscape DP applications
- Master planning, in collaboration with our planners and engineers
- Design guidelines for large mutli-family residential and commercial developments
- Project costing
- Parks planning and design for local, regional and Provincial Parks
- Graphic design to communicate vision for a variety of public and private sector realm
- Degree in Landscape Architecture, Architecture or Urban Design
- Eligibility for membership BC/CSLA
If you feel you might be the right fit, please forward your resume and cover letter to:
Andrew Zelke, CPA, CA – Chief Financial Officer / Human Resources Manager:
For more information about working at CTQ, please visit our Careers page.