Careers – Planning Manager
CTQ currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Planning Manager to join our team in Kelowna, BC on a full-time basis.
As our new Planning Manager, you’ll work to build and develop our planning department as you develop relationships with relevant stakeholders and secure projects. This role will see you working closely with a diverse array of professionals including engineers, transportation specialists, and designers within the company and other specialists outside of the company including architects, biologists, geotechnical engineers, foresters, and arborists among others.
While no two days will ever be the same in this pivotal role, your more typical responsibilities will include:
- Building relationships and establishing new projects with prospects within local governments, large institutions, and the development industry.
- Presenting proposals to relevant stakeholders in order to secure new projects.
- Leading extensive master planning projects for mixed-use residential and commercial land use developments.
- Establishing a strategic vision for the growth of the planning department and implementing this vision.
- Directly managing two individuals within the planning department and working to build and expand this team as project volume grows.
- Getting up to speed on the projects currently in operation and ensuring they are completed to a high quality, on time, and within budget.
- Developing strategic planning and feasibility studies. 0
- Designing and conducting community consultation programs.
- Preparing project costing quotes and effectively managing budgets and timelines.
- Maintaining relationships with existing clients and leveraging them for new business and referrals.
- Networking within virtual events and, once COVID restrictions permit, within in-person events.
- Ensuring a positive client interaction with a commitment to exceeding client expectations.
In order to qualify for this role, you will need a minimum of 5 years of experience in local government, consulting, real estate, or land development as well as a university degree in Urban Planning, Landscape Architecture, or a related discipline and eligibility for membership in PIBC/CIP or BC/CSLA. Previous experience managing people is also required as is previous relevant project management experience. You’ll also need to be proficient in various computer programs including Microsoft Office, internet applications, and basic GIS applications. Experience in market and economic analysis would be an asset.
As our ideal candidate, you’ll join us with excellent communication and leadership skills. Your strong interpersonal skills will combine with your technical knowledge and experience to ensure your success as you drive our projects forward while always taking care to ensure a high-quality end result. Utilizing your aptitude for stakeholder management and your strong organizational skills you’ll work diligently towards competing deadlines. Your dedication towards the work that you do, as well as your creativity and determination to improve and make things better, will help foster a positive working environment for the team reporting into you.
Above all, you’ll be an enthusiastic and strategically minded individual who believes in our values of relationships, ownership, and innovation.
About the Benefits
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will receive a highly competitive salary based on skills and experience along with the following excellent package:
- Full health and dental benefits.
- RSP matching of 3% after the first year which goes up to 5% after 5 years.
- 3 to 4 weeks of vacation on joining.
- Huge opportunities for career progression and growth, our hope is that in time the new Planning Manager will join the ownership group and become a shareholder.
- Negotiable relocation assistance for candidates that may need it.
- Flexible work hours, you can set your own schedule as long as you are meeting your responsibilities to clients and the greater team.
- Opportunities to work remotely as needed.
- Frequent social and team building activities that we are eager to get back to once the pandemic subsides.
Upon joining CTQ Consultants you’ll be welcomed into a casual but professional environment where open communication is valued at all levels.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please visit: Scout Talent – Posting Number 126314
Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity to work for this rapidly growing organization – apply today!