Careers – Landscape Architect
Is this you?
CTQ Consultants Ltd (Kelowna, BC) is currently seeking a Landscape Architect to join our busy Engineering and Planning, Urban Design and Landscape Architecture firm in one of the fastest growing regions in Canada.
- Are you an enthusiastic, passionate, collaborative and creative individual, with a desire to join a growing Landscape Architecture, Placemaking & Urban Design Studio in the beautiful Okanagan?
- Are you looking to have the opportunity to work alongside senior professionals?
- Are you wanting to continue to grow your interests and skill sets?
This is us –
Established in the beautiful Okanagan Valley for 18 years, CTQ serves local government, large institutions and the development industry throughout BC. Our projects range from some of the largest master planned communities to special area revitalization and policy development for small and large municipalities.
CTQ is a full-service Engineering, Planning, Transportation, Landscape Architecture, Urban Design and Geospatial firm. Our integrated approach allows us to take on exciting and challenging development projects or municipal initiatives from ideas to concepts and from plans and strategies to implementation and construction. We work closely with our clients to help them understand concerns, challenges, and opportunities that are unique to their project.
Our diversity and scale of projects, our long list of outstanding private and public sector clients, and our ability to apply multi-disciplinary teams to challenging issues, has put CTQ in a position of high demand. Our passion for completing assignments, while keeping an eye on “Cost, Time and Quality”, has proven successful in growing from 5 employees in 2003 to 24 currently. We have been told by our clients that we are leaders in our field – this is always a nice thing to hear!
We set ourselves apart by utilizing integrated teams, innovative technologies, and adaptive management strategies to provide practical, creative, and sustainable solutions. Our recognized commitment to help plan and build sustainable communities has resulted in many long-term ongoing client relationships in the private and public sectors.
What we are looking for!
- Professional degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited university
- Strong design and graphic skills
- Overseeing staff in the production of conceptual plans, detail design and contract documents
- A proven track record in Project Management, delivering projects from inception to final sign off
- Client liaison and public presentations
- Registered member with British Columbia Society of Landscape Architects
- Collaboration with members of our multi-disciplinary team, including Civil Engineers, Planners and Urban Designers
- Have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Other Desirable Skills:
- Leadership and communication skills
- Proficiency in AutoCAD 2014 or later, Adobe Creative Suite CS4 or later, Sketch Up
- Strong oral and written communication
- 5-10 years experience in a Landscape Architecture office
What we bring to the Table!
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will receive a competitive salary based on skills and experience along with the following excellent package:
- Extended medical and dental package.
- RSP matching of 3% after the first year which goes up to 5% after 5 years.
- 3 weeks of vacation on joining.
- Flexible work hours, you can set your own schedule if you are meeting your responsibilities to clients and the greater team.
- Opportunities to work remotely as needed.
- We cover professional membership fees.
- We encourage continuing education programs, webinars and assist with the fee coverage.
- Frequent social and team building activities, not to mention that your birthday is a day off with pay!
Upon joining CTQ Consultants you will be welcomed into a casual but professional environment where open communication is valued at all levels.
CTQ Consultants is a rapidly growing organization, if you are a Landscape Architect wanting to join an emerging dynamic company that offers great potential for professional growth and to feel part of a great team then CTQ Consultants would like to meet you!
Connect, Contact, Reach out – Let’s do this!
To apply for this position please forward your resume and covering letter to:
Subject: Career Application – Landscape Architect
Attn: Andrew Zelke, CPA, CA