Careers – Intermediate Planner
About the Opportunity
CTQ currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Intermediate Planner to join our Planning Division in Kelowna, BC, on a full-time basis.
As our new Intermediate Planner, you’ll work independently and as part of interdisciplinary teams on a wide variety of planning projects while ensuring high standards. This role will see you working closely with a diverse array of professionals, including engineers, transportation specialists, and designers within the company and other specialists outside of the company, including architects, biologists, geotechnical engineers, foresters, and arborists, among others.
While no two days will ever be alike, some of your key responsibilities within this role will include:
- Getting up to speed on the projects currently in operation and ensuring they are completed to high quality, on time, and within budget.
- Building relationships and establishing new projects with prospects within local governments, large institutions, and the development industry.
- Maintaining a positive client interaction with existing clients and leveraging them for new business and referrals.
- Carrying out reporting and proposal writing as well as relevant document creation
- Developing strategic planning and feasibility studies.
- Designing and conducting community consultation programs.
- Leading extensive master planning projects for mixed-use residential and commercial land use developments.
- Supporting other relevant Transportation Planning and Urban Design Projects
- Networking within virtual events and, once COVID restrictions permit, within in-person events.
More About You
To qualify for this role, you will need a university degree in Urban Planning, Landscape Architecture, or a related discipline along with 3 to 5 years of experience in local government, consulting, real estate, or land development and full membership or eligibility for membership in PIBC/CIP or BC/CSLA.
As our ideal candidate, you’ll have previous relevant policy planning, development approvals, community engagement and project management experience as well as have worked on written reports and community plans. Experience in Urban Design and Landscape Architecture will be considered an asset. You’ll also need to be proficient in various computer programs, including Microsoft Office for document presentation, internet applications, and basic GIS applications. Your technical knowledge, along with your excellent oral and written communication skills, will ensure your success in the role.
Above all, you’ll be a strong team player who is eager to learn and grow while also being passionate about the work that you do.
About the Benefits
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will receive a highly competitive salary based on skills and qualifications. You’ll also be entitled to an excellent package which includes:
- Health and Dental benefits program.
- RSP matching of 3% after the first year, which goes up to 5% after 5 years.
- 3 weeks of vacation on joining.
- Huge opportunities for career progression as we would like to see the successful candidate in this role grow to become a Senior planner.
- Flexible work hours, you can set your own schedule as long as you meet your clients’ responsibilities and the greater team.
- Opportunities to work remotely as needed.
- Frequent social and team-building activities. These events are on hold due to the pandemic, but we’re eager to get back to them.
Upon joining CTQ Consultants, you’ll be welcomed into a collaborative environment where you can truly see the impact of your work.
If you want to take your career to the next level with an employer of choice – Apply today!
|To apply for this position, please visit: Scout Talent – Posting Number: 131338 – Intermediate Planner|